To bring the Ports of Douro, Leixões and Viana do Castelo competitive options for the logistics systems, cargo and passengers that use the Atlantic Coastal of the Iberian Peninsula, contributing significantly to the economic and social development of the country.
Provide services of recognized value to customers and users of the port system managed by APDL, in the commercial, logistics and tourism aspects through an adequate offer of infrastructures, high operational efficiency, technological systems and innovative practices, qualified human resources and motivated, of a practice of sustainability and security, ordering and developing the port space and ensuring adequate urban integration, involving port communities.
• Being leader of the Ports of douro, Leixões and Viana do Castelo;
• Customer orientation and systematic search of excellence;
• Ethics, loyalty and pride of belonging to APDL;
• Motivation and recognizing the merit of its employees;
• Security, integration and environmental sustainability of operations;
• Value creation and financial sustainability;
• Full exercise of port authority directed towards the public interest.