Vision, Mission and Values
The mission of the company reflects the reason for being of APDL, its motivations and its internal and external audience.
Our Mission is:
To provide acknowledged value services to users of the Port of Douro, Leixões and Viana do Castelo through adequate provision of infrastructure, a high operating efficiency, skilled and motivated human resources, a practice of sustainability and safety, organizing and developing the port area and ensuring adequate urban integration, involving the port communities.
The Vision reflects an ambition that goes beyond the company itself and involves all actors regarding the provision of services associated to the movement of vessels and cargos, intended to work as a motivating, cohesion and coordination factor of all those who are interested and involved in the port business:
"To bring the Ports of Douro, Leixões and Viana do Castelo competitive options for the logistics systems, cargo and passengers that use the Atlantic Coastal of the Iberian Peninsula, contributing significantly to the economic and social development of the country".
The Values that guide the activities developed by the company in the fulfilment of its mission are:
- Being leader of the Ports of douro, Leixões and Viana do Castelo;
- Customer orientation and systematic search of excellence;
- Ethics, loyalty and pride of belonging to APDL;
- Motivation and recognizing the merit of its employees;
- Security, integration and environmental sustainability of operations;
- Value creation and financial sustainability;
- Full exercise of port authority directed towards the public interest.