The Port of Leixões gives a warm welcome to its passengers in the Passenger Terminal, a wonderful wooden construction that resembles a ship's hull. It is one of the finest examples of the architecture of the nineteen-sixties and it is considered a part of the Architectural and Historical Heritage of the City of Matosinhos.
The Passenger Terminal has no capacity limit for passengers in transit and allows the turnaround of approximately 750 passengers.
The Passenger Terminal of Leixões is located on Dock 1 North, occupies an area of about 840 m2, with a berthing quay of 300 metres and depths of – 10m.
The Passenger Terminal is the appropriate place to welcome all passengers from the cruises liners.
- One dedicated berth
- Other possible berths
- Total quay length: 300 m
- Depths - 10m (Z.H.L.)
- Maximum ship dimension: 250 m
- Terminal building for passengers at Dock n 1 North
- ISPS compliance
- Pilotage compulsory (for entry and leaving)
- Tidal range: 3.7 m (Max)
- No limit for ship stay
SERVICES AVAILABLE FOR CRUISE SHIPS:
- Bunkering (by truck)
- Garbage disposal
SERVICES FOR PASSENGERS:
- Information and reception with tourist guides (English, French and German)
- Bank / Currency Exchange
- ATM cash machine
- Public telephones / Telephone cards
- Exhibition Area
- Buses parking area (sq. mts.) 1.060m2
- Shuttle services: Porto Vintage Hop-on / Hop-off :
2. Porto Castles
3. Porto Bridges
- Post Office
- Shops, restaurants at the pier area: Outside the port area
- Public toilets
ACCESS TO PORT FACILITIES
Situated at only 5km from the Francisco Sá Carneiro International Airport, the Port of Leixões is connected with the long-distance truck roads IP 1 and IP 4 and with the motorway-standard highways IC1/A28 and A41