Port Authority Tariffs
Following the Deliberation of the Board of Directors of 01.25.2018, and Directive No. 8/2022, of April 11, of ERSE - Energy Services Regulatory Authority, approving the update of the energy tariff for the electricity sector to be in force as of April 1, 2022, the tariff for the Supply of Low Voltage Electricity (LV) to be applied in the ports of Leixões and Viana do Castelo is published and on the Douro Waterway.
1. Low Voltage power supply rates, according to the type of tariff and contracted power, are:
|Simple tarif energy rate||Unit||Euros|
|Up to 2,3 kVA||KWh||0,1536|
|Up to 20,7 kVA||KWh||0,1583|
|More than 20,7 kVA||KWh||0,1556|
|Variable tarif (over 20,7 kVA|
2. The power fees for the supply of electrical energy in low tension are:
|Contracted Power (kVA)||Monthly Tariff (Euros)|
3. The Medium Voltage power supply shall be billed at the price provided by the energy supplier, plus a 20% charge for administrative charges.
APDL Service Order No. E-001, of 21 January, updated the tariff for the supply of LV Electricity, with a continuous nature, to be applied in the ports of Leixões and Viana do Castelo and Via Navegável Douro, according to the type of tariff and the contracted power.
Considering that the aforementioned Service Order is inappropriate for the supply of Low Voltage electricity to ships from land (OPS - Onshore Power Supply), typically short-term supplies and temporary or provisional, the Board of Directors of APDL, decided at a meeting held on July 1, 2021, to set an extraordinary tariff for this type of supply, to be applied in the port of Leixões, in the port of Viana do Castelo and in the Via Navegável do Douro.
Thus, this Service Order publishes the following transitory tariff:
- Low Voltage Electricity Supply to Ships (OPS) - € 0.1494 per kWh
The approved rate takes effect on July 1, 2021 and will be re-evaluated in 2022.
At its meeting of November 21, 2019, the Board of APDL resolved as follows:
Pursuant to Article 2.0 (a) of the Tariff Regulation of the ports of Leixões and Viana do Castelo, the Occupancy Charges for Port Space were established in non-concession areas of the Port of Leixões, namely:
1. For the use of uncovered area for parking the following fees are due:
a) Containers: € 1.9086 per square meter and per month;
b) Fractional load, ro-ro load and bulk: € 0.7113 per square meter and per month.
2. For the use of covered area for parking of goods is due the fee of € 1.5198 per square meter and per month.
3. For the use of covered area for purposes other than parking, the fee of € 10.4395 per square meter per month is due.
4. For the occupation of land with underground or submarine galleries and pipelines, the rate of O, 1086 € per square meter and per month is due.
5. For the occupation of land with billboards, is due the fee of € 3 7341 per square meter and per month.
6. The request for the use of uncovered and covered area for parking of goods is made upon request addressed to DOPS - Port Operations and Security Directorate, for a period of not less than one month.
The space to be requested may be all or part (portion / lot) of the available areas, and should include the space dedicated to the products and the dedicated area of operation, so that this portion allows at all times the free access to cargo and cannot be disturbed by other uses / users.
7. The rates set in paragraphs 1 to 5 shall be updated with effect from 1 January of each year by applying the average annual rate of change of the consumer price index recorded in September of the previous year excluding housing, for Portugal, published by the National Institute of Statistics.
8. Fees shall be paid immediately after services are provided, unless otherwise determined by the port authority.
9. Payment of the fees set forth in this Service Order shall not be exempt from payment of any other charges provided for.
10. Those users of uncovered and covered areas and land occupation are subject to these charges.
11. Service Orders No. 07/05, Series B of 10/11/2005, no. E-006 of 11.30.2015 and E-006 of 03.29.2018 are hereby revoked.
This Service Order shall enter into force on 1 January 2020.
The Board of Directors of APDL, SA
By means of a Board of Directors decision, on 16.02.2022, the ports' water supply tariff has been updated as follows:
- land installations: 4,1060 €/m3;
- boats per fresh water connections: 7,0133 €/m3;
- leasing of water metres: 3,9079 €/m3;
- This Order of Service is effective as of February 1st, 2022.
Tariffs of the Activities Under Concession
(i) For cargo handling, ship unloading, or transfer of products between the refinery and fuel storage facilities:
- Crude Oil: 1,972 euros / ton;
- Other products; 2,279 euros / tonne;
(ii) for the provision of other services:
- Reception of ballast water: 5,095 euros / m3
Tariffs of Other Entities
The Maritime Authority provides services for crews, cargo and ships, namely security, policing, control and checks of compliance with the legal regulations enforceable in the port area, visits and disembarkation from the ship, among other administrative and technical services.
The fees for these services are annually fixed by decree (Decree no. 385/2002 of 11 April), in compliance with art. 48 of Decree-Law no. 273/2000, which approves the Mainland Ports Tariff System Regulations.
Regional Agricultural Board Between Douro and Minho– Phytosanitary Control Division
This entity controls and inspects cargo and charges fees for inspection and disembarkation of cargo received or forwarded by land and for inspection and disembarkation of cargo received or forwarded by sea, to ensure plant life is protected.
Article 52, of Decree-Law no. 273/2000, establishes that the fees to be charged for Plant-life Sanitation are to be fixed through Decree, which up until now has not yet happened.
Border Inspection Post of the Port of Leixões
This entity carries out veterinary inspection and control of animals and certain animal products, and also charges fees for inspections and disembarkation of cargo received or forwarded by land and for inspection and disembarkation of cargo received or forwarded by sea.
The fees charged are divided into the following decrees:
Decree-Law no. 208/99, of 11 June
Decree no. 166/2004, of 18 February
As in the case of the previous entity, article 52, of Decree-Law no. 273/2000 establishes that the fees to be charged for Animal Sanitation are to be fixed through Decree, which up until now has not yet happened.
Maritime Health of the Port of Leixões
The Health Authority provides services to passengers, crew and ships. It charges fees for health visits and authorisation of free passage for vessels and ships; inspections and certification of ships with regard to ridding it of vermin and insects; and pronounces on the health and sanitary state of vessels or ships.
Likewise for this entity, article 52, of Decree-Law no. 273/2000, establishes that the fees to be charged by the Health Authority are to be fixed through Decree, which up until now has not yet happened.