To bring the Ports of Douro, Leixões and Viana do Castelo competitive options for the logistics systems, cargo and passengers that use the Atlantic Coastal of the Iberian Peninsula, contributing significantly to the economic and social development of the country.
To provide acknowledged value services to users of the Port of Douro, Leixões and Viana do Castelo through adequate provision of infrastructure, a high operating efficiency, skilled and motivated human resources, a practice of sustainability and safety, organizing and developing the port area and ensuring adequate urban integration, involving the port communities.
• Being leader of the Ports of douro, Leixões and Viana do Castelo;
• Customer orientation and systematic search of excellence;
• Ethics, loyalty and pride of belonging to APDL;
• Motivation and recognizing the merit of its employees;
• Security, integration and environmental sustainability of operations;
• Value creation and financial sustainability;
• Full exercise of port authority directed towards the public interest.